This is the first time I've actually started to "blog", but to me it's no different than typing on a message board or sending cranky emails. But, enough of all that crap...
Ahhh, the impending death-null of being single, though technically, I haven't been single for over 5 1/2 years now. I never really gave it a thought about getting married, EVER. Why? I always figured that if it was meant to be by being karmically fortunately enough to find my "equal", then I would be ok with either spending my life with someone or being alone. With my dearest love, Mike, in my life, I can no longer imagine a time when he wasn't around. Everything is different...I feel loved, peaceful, and complete (feelings that were foreign to me before him). He constantly makes me laugh and gives me that "warm and fuzzy feeling" (break out the barf bags readers). We both complement and play off each other, and I am amazed how close we've become (moreso now than when we met).
So, now the complicated process of wedding planning is rear-ending my train-of-thought ever since that engagement ring was placed on my finger (albeit loosely, since it was a size TOO big). It's hard trying to juggle a job and college (carrying a full-time load for both at one time). Not to mention the overall driver of what dictates our sacred day: MONEY (or lack thereof).
I did get the hardest part out of the way last year by buying my unique, but wickedly vintage wedding gown. Yeah, paying $1200 for a $1500 gown was a tough financial pill to swallow , but heck, I shelled out $1100 for a guitar over 8 years ago with no regrets (since I still have it in my possesion). The cost of the gown does not figure into my costs because 1) I paid for it out of my own pocket, and 2), I bought it without Mike knowing about it (a very covert mission that I am very proud of).
When it comes to planning for the both of us, there's 3 major things lacking:
1) a set budget (though I'm thinking in the $5k-$7k range tops)
2) a set date, BUT I am aiming for the glorious 3 week window of opportunity between Summer and Fall terms in '09
3) the planning itself
I just want to keep things simple and elegant, but when we both start to talk about where to begin with the details, it just gets complicated, then we both give up and figure eloping would be easier.
Time to get back to my studies, but in the meantime, look for the next installment of Wedding Porn (bow-chicka-bow-wow).
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment